Skip to content
- Phase 4 Ground Station – Digital microwave broadband communications system for space and terrestrial amateur radio use. Relies on an open source version of DVB-S2/X and polyphase filter banks. FDMA uplink at 5GHz and TDM downlink at 10GHz.
- Phase 4 Space – Digital microwave broadband communications system for space. 6U, GEO and interplanetary. Relies on an open source version of DVB-S2/X and polyphase filter banks. FDMA uplink at 5GHz and TDM downlink at 10GHz. FPGA board, TT&C, and RF board design are all in progress.
- M17 Project – M17 is a new digital radio protocol in development as an alternative to those currently available, with freedom in mind. Freedom in the code, protocol, voice codecs, and hardware. The goal is to provide a better option for digital radios in the future. The M17 Working Group is a team of several people from around the world. Headed up by Wojciech (SP5WWP) in Poland, there are several other Amateur Radio operators involved – putting their skills to work with the desire for a more free and open digital radio protocol that can be used world wide!You don’t have to be a licensed Amateur Radio operator to join the M17 Project. If you have skills in circuit design, microcontroller programming, CAD/CAM, circuit board prototyping, UI/X design, network and systems administration, end-user experience testing and QC, or you just want to build something – join M17 at https://m17project.org/
- AmbaSat Inspired Sensors – Please visit https://www.openresearch.institute/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Ambasat-Inspired-Custom-Sensors.pdf for the proposal. First work session expected December 2020 – May 2021 centered at Villanova University. Principal Investigator is Dr. Alan Johnston.
- Aqua Phage – Open Source bacteriophage work that addresses the damage to fish farming from antibiotic resistance in Tilapia.
- Open Cars – Research on how we can accommodate autonomous driving systems without “locking down” automobiles so that only the dealer can service them. Currently on hiatus.